Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hat Making How-To's - Millinery Lessons from the Edwardian Era 1900's

1912 Illustration

I am quite intimidated by the prospect of hat making but I still have dreams of making a complete Edwardian ensemble from head to toe, inside to out ... except the shoes.  For those with more courage than I have, please check out these Lessons in Millinery from 1902.  Though they presume the reader is experienced, they are great illustrations of style and materials.

 


To read the fine print in the lessons, open photos in a new window and click on each to enlarge.

I found these great images at the NYPL Digital Library, an amazing resource.  Like many public libraries, the New York Public Library has suffered severe funding cuts; please consider making a donation if you use their resources.

Happy Sewing and Hat Making!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this resources.I find it difficult at first but it becomes easy as i continued.I would make donations for this.

    ReplyDelete